- Product: PerfectDisk 2008 for VMware
- VMware: Virtual Machine *with* linked disks
- After "optimizing" the VM the file grows (in my case from 13 GB to 100 GB, which is the maximum size of the dynamic disk)
- Create a full clone of your VM (this copies all the linked disks + your VM into a target disk). You are not using the base disks from that moment on. But the resulting VM will be nice and small and in the future you can use PerfectDisk again to optimize and shrink your VM.
- VMs with linked disks are not available for SHRINK operations.
- WIthout linked disks this works perfectly.